RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

I'm being evicited due to none payment I wrote a letter to

Customer Question

I'm being evicited due to none payment I wrote a letter to the courts put 1100 in the treasury should I continue to pay or stop
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. What is the basis for the eviction?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
None payment do to losing my job but I was going to pay them late but I wanted to make an effort

Thank you for the additional information. A tenant has an obligation to pay the rent in full, in addition to any late fees which they landlord is allowed to collect. In a situation like this, where you lost your job, it is at the discretion of the landlord to either proceed with the eviction or work with you to and accept partial payments. It is always good to make a good faith effort to pay but if anything less then what is owed is offered, the landlord does not have to accept it. In this case, unless the $1100 covers what is owed, there is no point in making partial payments since the Judge is not going to force the landlord to accept it and work with you, taking less then what is owed at this time.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!