Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

The judgement lien on my home has expired but the lis

Customer Question

The judgement lien on my home has expired but the lis pendens is still on my title and is preventing me from getting a loan, I know I have to ask the court to expunge it but can you tell me specifically what I need to file to do this. Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Answer: You should be able to work with the title company to get this lien removed; but if for some reason that is not possible you can file for what is known as a declaratory judgment action and ask for a court order that says that the lien has now expired and is thus void. Then, you just file a certified copy of that order in the deed records.