Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I have a personal judgement against me and they are starting

Customer Question

I have a personal judgement against me and they are starting to come after me for it and I currently have three properties which two are deeded to a trust. The title examiner at the title company said I can sell those properties and all they would have to do is an affidavit because I am not the beneficiary to the trust and the judgement is not in my name as the trustee, is this true? The third property has a home equity lien on it and they charged the debt off so he said they can go and try and get a satisfaction of mortgage because now that they charged off they essentially have a 0 or null lien. Is this true? He then said I can sell it for $30,000 which is much less than the lien and the money would go to them but what if they do not accept the $30,000 and say they want the full amount or the house instead? Can they do this or do they have to take the $30,000 or whatever I sell it for?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also I have other properties in my personal name and if I am not going to file bankruptcy can I sell those properties too and or deed over to someone else and give them away. They just took my daughter's money out of her account because I am on it and she is a single mother who just lost $7K because of me and I cannot pay her back at this time but if I deed some of the vacant land properties to her she can sell and recoup some of the money or does the lien attach itself to the properties and if I have some properties in a corporation Katherine Vega PA can they make me sell those? I am being told no because it is in a company name, can they garnish my business accounts if they want to? I have seen so many different responses from attorneys and so far they did not garnish the business accounts but they garnished my daughters account because my name was on there.....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only my personal name is ***** ***** judgement is under
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have also read that if I sell the properties it needs to be for a fair value cannot sell cheap or they will frown upon and can try an sue to reverse the sale or take the property but what if the two properties in the trust I sell for whatever I can get right now and get my daughter's money back , can I do that? She is the beneficiary of the trust.....
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 months ago.

You have to go into the court that created the judgment lien in the first place and ask for a court order indicating that the judgment lien has expired and the title should be cleared. The court will issue the order. Then you take the order to the county recorder who will remove the lien notation from the title.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The lien has not expired and you did not answer anything I asked
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot reach anyone and this is just complete nonsense that he did not answer my question and what he sent has nothing to do with my questions asked. I am so frustrated right now and I cannot even give him a bad start it will not allow me to, the other day I was on and asked a question and rated the gentleman a five because he helped me tremendously and then this happens which will make me never ever come to this site again
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a personal judgement against me and they are starting to come after me for it and I currently have three properties which two are deeded to a trust. The title examiner at the title company said I can sell those properties and all they would have to do is an affidavit because I am not thebeneficiary to the trust and the judgement is not in my name as the trustee, is this true? The third property has a home equity lien on it and they charged the debt off so he said they can go and try and get a satisfaction of mortgage because now that they charged off they essentially have a 0 or null lien. Is this true? He then said I can sell it for $30,000 which is much less than the lien and the money would go to them but what if they do not accept the $30,000 and say they want the full amount or the house instead? Can they do this or do they have to take the $30,000 or whatever I sell it for? This was the first part of my question and he replied go the court and ask them to for an order that the judgement lien expired HELLO can he read I never ever said the judgement was expired nor did I imply that anywhere.Here is the rest of what I asked him:
Also I have other properties in my personal name and if I am not going to file bankruptcy can I sell those properties too and or deed over to someone else and give them away. They just took my daughter's money out of her account because I am on it and she is a single mother who just lost $7K because of me and I cannot pay her back at this time but if I deed some of the vacant land properties to her she can sell and recoup some of the money or does the lien attach itself to the properties and if I have some properties in a corporation Katherine Vega PA can they make me sell those? I am being told no because it is in a company name, can they garnish my business accounts if they want to? I have seen so many different responses from attorneys and so far they did not garnish the business accounts but they garnished my daughters account because my name was on there..... Only my personal name is ***** ***** judgement is under . I have also read that if I sell the properties it needs to be for a fair value cannot sell cheap or they will frown upon and can try an sue to reverse the sale or take the property but what if the two properties in the trust I sell for whatever I can get right now and get my daughter's money back , can I do that? She is the beneficiary of the trust.....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How come my rating is disabled and it says it is required but I cannot give it and the other day I could......this is insane and very frustrating!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HELLO ANYONE THERE AND WORKING ON THE QUESTION!!!
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

LET ME TAKE A LOOK AND SEE IF I CAN HELP YOU....