Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My daughter lives in Maryland and her boyfriend has

Customer Question

My daughter lives in Maryland and her boyfriend has threatened to evict her she is the mother of their two children and they had bought a house last year and he defrauded her 5,000 dollars saying he was going to put her on the title but told the tittle company not to can he kick her out with 2 children
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: yes he has been tormenting her mentally, financially because she is a stay at home Mom and he gives her no money for her or the children
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that he is the only one on the deed to the property as the legal owner?

.

Has he given her any type of written notice to vacate?

.

Does she have any type of child support order against him?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear barrister Not yet no child support. someone told her that she cant file if she lives there in the house with him. she has no where else to go
She was suppose to be on the title but he took her only money she had $ 5,000 and the title company didn't put her on the title
I am presuming that he told the title company not to put her on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No letter of eviction yet but he said he filed it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he is the only one on the title

Ok, then from a legal perspective, if they aren't married, he can evict her, even though they have children together. However, he would have to give her a written one month notice (2 if in Montgomery County or Baltimore City) in order to terminate her tenancy.

.

Then after that notice period expires, he would have to pursue a formal eviction action through the courts, which takes about 3-4 weeks longer before he could have a sheriff or marshal physically force her to leave.

.

So if he gives her a notice, she should start trying to find somewhere to move to, at least temporarily, and immediately file a petition for child support so she can force him to pay to support his children..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much