legalgems, Arbitrator
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

If you rent a commercial space an have assigned parking is

Customer Question

If you rent a commercial space an have assigned parking is the parking lot included in your rental as your space.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

The lease will dictate the terms of the lease; if there is an assigned parking space, then that is typically addressed in the lease (ie identifying the particular parking spot, usually by number).

For larger establishments, the lease will typically include a certain number of parking spaces, and they will be labeled either by numbers, or will be updated to reflect the name of the tenant's business so the customers will know where to park.

If the lease does not address it, but the tenant was informally assigned a lease, that will be construed as a term of the lease should the landlord arbitrarily remove that space (similar to a residential tenant- for example, a landlord has no obligation to provide for example, a washer and dryer, but if they do and it breaks down, the landlord is responsible for its repair/replacement)

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hi- just checking in to see if you needed clarification on any of the above information. If so please post here (there is no additional charge for this) and I will do my best to get you the requested information.

Thank you!