Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm involved in eviction process.......case was going on

Customer Question

I'm involved in eviction process.......case was going on ........I had slip and fall on property.......I have injuries that need to be address and taken care of....my attorney was informed court date had postponed...atleast 4 times......I appeared and was postponed again.....was not informed of next court date.......so I didn't appear.......but attorney did.......was asked where I was informed attorney I was working no one told me.....next court date was set. I informed attorney I had apt.with Dr. Do to said injuries that needed to be addressed assumed attorney would go and get continuance...till next week so I could be there.......he didn't INFORM me and two days before said day he file a motion to withdraw himself...............and I was found in default.......I questioned and had ten days to file a motion to set aside which I did........what should I do next?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

There is nothing to do at this time since you have filed Motion to Vacate the Default and put the case back on the hearing list. You would need to wait to hear from the Court before taking any other action in the case.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you......

You are quite Welcome!