Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in a condo and have water damage in my bay window

Customer Question

I live in a condo and have water damage in my bay window for the second time in three years my wood floors are warped.The current issue has gone on since January with no hope of solving the problem anytime soon. For the past 8 months the management only checks for water with none ever occurring.Problem is I was planning to move and now because I have the water issues that has not been solved my unit cannot pass inspection.The management had me remove part of my floor in my bay window about 6 weeks ago with no water appearing.Thursday the condo board is meeting to discuss checking the facade of the building. Who knows when they will inspect my window.Really wish I could force the condo board to buy my unit. I am a senior and have had to get help with my blood pressure and anxiety due to these floor issues that appear to have no end in sight.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What can I do to make the condo board move to resolve my issues, so I can sell my unit that has been delayed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I force them to buy my unit?

Thank you for the information.

You need to request for emergency meeting for hearing of your concerns by the Board. If your request is ignored or if the Board is not doing anything to resolve the issues, you would have to file lawsuit against the Association to force them to make the repairs or ask the Court to force the Association to purchase your Unit because you cannot sell your Unit in the condition that it is in, which the Association has refused/failed to address.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer/Association Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.