Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What is the remedy in a contract when the seller impairs the

Customer Question

what is the remedy in a contract for deed when the seller impairs the equity in Oklahoma. I bought a house from my sister on a contract for deed it was not filed and she took a second mortgage on the house after i fixed it up. now i want to pay it off but she doesn't have the money to close because of the second mortgage.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do here is to wait until the second mortgage can be paid off. There is no other remedy here, regrettably.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.