Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What is the remedy in a contract when the seller impairs the

Customer Question

what is the remedy in a contract for deed when the seller impairs the equity in Oklahoma. I bought a house from my sister on a contract for deed it was not filed and she took a second mortgage on the house after i fixed it up. now i want to pay it off but she doesn't have the money to close because of the second mortgage.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do here is to wait until the second mortgage can be paid off. There is no other remedy here, regrettably.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.