Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Greetings, I am an owner of a condo (Parkview ) at 1204 Hope

Customer Question

I am an owner of a condo (Parkview Green) at***** 06907.
There are 11 units and 7 owners never attend meetings nor voice any opinion or question decisions in which our Board (2 residents) make. They never hear, address or are respectful in regard to their neighbors' thoughts, views, questions! Trust me, they have
been approached in an respectful manner by the few of us that want to be involved in decisions which will affect the owners. I know that the problems lies with the majority of owners not getting involved which then results in the 2 Board members running the whole show and never responding to individuals, or speak to their neighbors! bizarre .
Their only response is......"We will bring this matter up at our next Board meeting".
The empowered Board has been allowed to RUN us due to owners who do not want to
get involved!! Finally the issue at hand :). All owners have abided to the laws regarding any type of grill which is not 10 feet from decks (townhouses) must be removed. I did contact our Fire Marshall (so nice) here in Stamford. He informed me that if there areas between condos that the owners want to have a grill, it is not the decision of the Board to tell us we can not do it. It is not infringing on other's property. We were told the dates that our grills will be picked up to be donated......only response to being advised as to our request! We can not allow this type of entitlement they have to call all the shots.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Is there anything in your Bylaws that prevents you from using your grills in that in-between space?

Do you own the grills personally or are they owned by the Association?