Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My husband and I purchased a home built in 1986 with an

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, my husband and I purchased a home built in 1986 with an inground pool. I wanted to be sure the pool was inspected so our realtor contacted the person that the sellers used to maintain their equipment. When I asked about the pool itself, my realtor said, oh he told me there are no issues as it is the best you can have built.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Our 3rd week in and a rust spot bleeds through on a pool wall. When talking with a pool contractor we were told it is probably the rebarb coming through, the plaster is thin, and most likely the poil needs to be resurfaced which will cost us thousands.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This was the very reason we got the pool inspected before we purchased. This had to be known as the sellers lived here for the pastb16 years. Do we have any recourse due to nondisclosure?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Have you had the pool inspected by a licensed pool repair contractor?

If so, is there any evidence that they just covered over this problem and that it has been there for a while?