WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have lived in az in this condo and have a stem crack in

Customer Question

I have lived in az in this condo and have a stem crack in foundation and other drainage problems and roots. I addressed these problems to the HOA A YEAR AGO THEY WERE THERE ON MY ENSPECTION REPORT WHEN I BOUGHT THE PROPERTY FOR ISSUES TO WATCH FOR.
NOW THEY WANT ME TO COME TO A CLOSED EXECITIVE MEETING. I FEEL IT SHOULD BE INTHE REGULAR MEETING FOR OTHER HOA OWNERS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 months ago.

Yes, under Arizona law you have the right to an open meeting and hearing before the full HOA board. They cannot exclude the other HOA members and you should make a formal demand for an open meeting/hearing.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

The way this site works is please rate the answer so that I get credit for my work.

Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
YOUR ANSWER WAS HELPFULL, ITOLD THE HOA BOARD I WOULD NOT GO INTO A CLOSED SESSION. I FELT MEMBERS IF THEY ATTENDED THEY HAD A RIGHT WHAT WAS GOING ON. THANK YOU

Thank you.

Thank you.