Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What do I do if the HOA doesn't want to budge they are owed

Customer Question

Hello! What do I do if the HOA doesn't want to budge they are owed 30,000 and want to get paid out $20,000. The property is worth $90000 the 1st lien holder accepted a short pay off and the 2nd lien holder as well its just HOA won't accept anything less than $20000.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are you obligated to pay them anything? Who are you to the HOA?

2. Perhaps if you provide some background information I could better assist you.

Doug

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am the selling my house as a short sale. I am the owner
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The 1st who is Nationstar accepted to a short pay off
the 2nd lien holder who is Real Time Resolutions also accepted short pay off
the HOA wants nothing less than $20,000 it is Silver Lakes Association.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you help ??
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Is there not enough money to pay all of those things? Is that what you are saying?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well its a short sale the 1st is owed more than they are accepting and they must approve what will be payed out to the 2nd and 3rd lien holder. They only wanted to pay out $5000 to the 2nd and $1000 to the 3rd lien holder. I am trying to avoid forclosure this is why I decided to short sale my house. I don't know how and if the HOA can get paid more than $1000 if this is all Nationstar (1st lien holder) is accepting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HOA wants a $20000 pay off.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug