WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

We purchased land 6 months ago. The land is just over 5

Customer Question

We purchased land 6 months ago. The land is just over 5 acres. The land is rural but is off of a state hwy. We applied for a permit to access our land & the state denied us. The state claims our land was divided many years ago, prior to the split, it had access from the other parcel. The parcel we purchased does not have access. We are unable to access our land and now have no way to use it. we originally planned to build on it, What can we do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 months ago.

First of all, you should get a title report on the property to find out exactly what rights it has. You can have a real estate agent or a real estate attorney order one for you. I you wish to engage me, I can do it. Find out what easements have been recorded in favor of your property.

You may also have recourse against the seller, if you were given incorrect information. If the seller misrepresented the property, then you can sue and rescind the purchase and get your money back.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

The way this site works is please rate the answer so that I get credit for my work.

Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.