Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I signed paperwork with a realtor yesterday agreeing to sell

Customer Question

i signed paperwork with a realtor yesterday agreeing to sell my condo for 65k,however,no money has been exchanged and i would like to rescind said contract,may i do that NOTE:there is a buyer sincerely,jay kushner
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
If you have a fully executed contract, you are locked in and can't cancel and walk away free of any penalties.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
However, if you could convince the buyer to agree to cancel the agreement, the contract and your obligations would be cancelled.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Otherwise, if you cancel the agreement without a breach by the buyer, the buyer can sue for breach of contract and specific performance to force you to complete the sale and/or pay damages for the breach.