Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Ive lived here yrs ive never ben late r short on my lease r

Customer Question

hi ive lived here for four yrs ive never ben late r short on my lease r rent . a couple months ago i told a grounds keeper to exit my gerarge where me and some guest were working some gold. thats what i do n my past time i asked the worker to leave my gerarge he just acted smug so i escorted him out of my gerarge later that day they called the cops i guess i wasnt home my girlfriend told me so then that night they posted a 3day to move r quit. for 20 dollars. so i went and bought a money order and droped it off n the office the next day fed x brought me back my money order they just did that to start a eviction process how do i procedd thanks ps i go to court nb the morning
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What state are you in? What was their original basis for the pay or quit? Did you actually owe $20?