Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

The space between the houses that lead to my back yard the

Customer Question

the space between the houses that lead to my back yard the property line is there somewhere How much authority does the owner of the other home have.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Theoretically the property line runs down the middle of that space. Each owner owns the part between the property line in his dwelling. A surveyor can establish exactly where the property line is. I can't tell you much about who has the right to use what, but it sounds like both of you need to use the space between the houses. It might be to both of your benefit to work out a mutual agreement and have an attorney prepare a mutual easement agreement that can be recorded.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He's not putting anything in the space he just moved what i had there. He doesn't even use that side of the house it"s only about 6 to 7 feet wide and my side walk takes up about 3 feet of that. There is a cement block structure that sits across the property line but matches my house at the entrance to my yard that had a gate i am considering putting the gate back at least then he would need permission to enter.

Do you have an additional question. I am reluctant to proceed with further questions when no rating has been given to my prior answer.