DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

If a judgement is in my mom and dads name and mine. But now

Customer Question

If a judgement is in my mom and dads name and mine. But now both are deceased, can I only collect on the judgement.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

Yes that is correct, although it is possible that their interest in the judgment passed to their heirs.