DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

Can I Quit Claim my son off the property if we are tenants

Customer Question

Can I Quit Claim my son off the property if we are tenants in common if he is not available to sign and is out of the country? I have proof that all and any payments for the property have been made by me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

No, you cannot quitclaim someone else's interest from a property. Only that individual or their power-of-attorney can do that. About the only thing you can do if he has disappeared is bring a quiet title action to have the title restored to your name.