KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

HOA is not maintaining property despite charging fees. The

Customer Question

HOA is not maintaining property despite charging fees. The pool is a disaster. One of the buildings has structural damage. The decks and roofs are falling apart. Home values have plummeted.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am working on your answer and will be right with you.

Kim

So this is not acceptable. The HOA has a responsibility to the owners to take that money and put it towards the problems that you have mentioned.

First thing I would do is ask for a full accounting. You should see where the money is going. What are they spending it on?

Next, after making a formal written demand in writing, by return receipt, and asking them to take action within a certain period of time, your only recourse is to file a law suit to force them to comply with their duties. You have the right to force them to do what they are required to do and to spend the money properly and not mishandle it.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Kim

Hello, this is Kim, the attorney who assisted you with your legal question.

I didn't see any follow up questions for you and this question is still open.

I am online today if you have any questions about the above. If not, please do rank my answer with positive feedback, so that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim

Hello, This is Kim, the attorney who assisted you last week.

I see that this question is still open. Please go ahead and rate my answer with positive feedback. The top three ratings will make sure that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim