Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a contract with my renter to buy my house with me

Customer Question

I have a contract with my renter to buy my house with me financing. I would like someone to look at the contract and see if it covers everything
that is needed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

We are not permitted to make a blanket/wholesale statement as to whether the contract covers everything that you need. For that you will need to see a local lawyer who will typically charge $200 to $300 per hour to review it and make changes. If the contract is 10 pages or less, you can expect to pay about $500.00. However, if there are specific areas of concern I can assist you with those and give you some pointers on how to fix them. That said, you would be solely responsible for the final content of your document.

Document review is covered under our premium services option. I have sent you an offer for a document that is less than 15 pages. If you think it is fair, please go ahead and accept it. Then, upload the document you want reviewed and identify the paragraph numbers that you have concerns about and I will get started.