Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

I just received closing documents out closing. Settlement

Customer Question

I just received closing documents for mail out closing. Settlement sheet does not include the mortgage payoff even though I provided this information to them. What happens if the loan closes and incorrect proceeds are delivered to sellers? Proceeds should be approx $35,000 but settlement statement shows $109,000.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping.

You really want the settlement sheet changed to make sure the lender is getting paid before any net proceeds go to the seller. This is important because you want to make sure the lender's lien is released so you get clear title. This is clearly a mistake and the closing attorney needs to revise the closing statement. And, I'm presuming you are getting a title policy and you need to make sure it's being issued without an exception for the lender's lien.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!