I am having a home built through a company called Reunion Homes (Colorado). It is not a custom home. The initial contract closing date was April 30th 2015 with a verbal that june 30th would not be an issue to meet as my wife was giving birth the end of june as well as having to move out of the home we were renting due to sale. This was all expressed at the pre-construction
Long story short, permits were finally pulled mid feb to start. 3 other homes had walls before ours had even started (We were first to precon and were told ours would be handled first.) They allowed our basement to be filled with snow and left it to melt, which it never did so i shoveled it out. finally caught up with framing and had first framing inspection (5-8-2016) that failed. The builder had in the plans
to have #30 trusses and, being above elevation 7000 they were supposed to be #40 trusses, which is common knowledge in Colorado. This was not communicated until 3 weeks after framing inspection after repeatedly asking why drywall hadn't been completed within two weeks as stated by the building supervisor. After asking what the issue was and corrective action, i was again ignored for several weeks until I got the answer that the new framing inspection would be completed next week (week of the 12th of june) Following up again lead to ignored calls and emails. By this time i had to move my pregnant wife and son to an apartment
, as i had only two more weeks in my rental home. again, no communication on the issue and when solution is in view. here it is the 19th, and we are finding out thorough the regional building inspectors, that homes other than ours, supposed to close after ours and started after ours are close to moving forward, where as our home has not been touched.
The builder has corn holed us as now home prices for equivalent of what we are looking for have skyrocketed to an increase of 30-50k I had to move all my belongings into a storage unit, relocated my family to an apartment 1/4 the size of the home we had. and now the school year is quickly approaching, and as of today, there is no answer on timeline when framing will be passed. We still want the home, as it took us years to figure out what we wanted and waiting for the perfect lot. However, i feel that the builder should compensate us. Good faith would mean to me proper communication. we do not even have a clue as to timelines regarding anytime we can move forward with the home. My son starts school soon, we arent even in the same district that he has a reserved spot for. So now we will have to take him to school every day in order to keep his spot. due to the financial hardship, stress and total scrambling of our day to day lives, is there anything we can do legally in terms of reimbursement. There is no clause to timeline of delivery of home other than April 30th and that events can occur. But if those events are not communicated, how am i supposed to know whats going on?