How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36701
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband put my house in a reverse mortgage. The house was

Customer Question

My husband put my house in a reverse mortgage. The house was mine before I married him I put him on my deed to help us with the taxes because he was of age and taxes wouldn't be so high. He is getting older (88) and is in bad health. I need to put my name back on the deed so I can refinance my house and not lose it. But the Co. that going to refinance my house needs my name on the deed. Could you please help me with infro. on how to add my name back. I would appreciate it a lot. Thank- you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Margaret,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

All that needs to be done for you to put your name back on the deed is to have your husband sign a Quit Claim deed in which he transfers the property from himself, to himself and you as Joint Tenants and that will mean that you will be back on the deed.

You can get the deed form from numerous online companies as well as at places like OfficeDepot for just a few dollars. Or, for a cou0ple of hundred dollars you can have a local real estate attorney prepare the document for you. Once your husband signs it and you file it with the land records office in your county, then you will legally be back on the deed and a legal owner of the property.

Here is a link to what the form will look like:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Related Real Estate Law Questions