Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Does Tbar ceiling comes with lighting or lighting should

Customer Question

Does Tbar ceiling comes with lighting or lighting should have been spelling out in the lease?
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Also if landlord is giving us ada bathrooms do he needs to provide lighting along the hallway to the bathroom to be ada approved?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Premises was suppose to be given to use as a vanilla shell but it wasn't spend out in the lease and lighting is not included as its separate line item.we assume that lighting comes with it. But landlord is not giving us lights and he is asking us to install. I am trying to figure out if this is something thing landlord should do or us as a tenant?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
On a commercial lease, anything that is not in the building at the time it is leased and not specified as being provided by the landlord is the tenant's responsibility to provide. Commercial leases do not come under the regular landlord tenant act, they are much different and the premises is as seen prior to signing the lease. If nothing was in there at the time the lease was signed, the landlord does not provide it unless it is specifically written in the lease that they would provide it.