Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a problem where cars can not access my property from

Customer Question

I have a problem where cars can not access my property from the public street. Trying to get help from my councilman's office I was told there was nothing they could do to help. Sent two letters to the mayors office, the second with return receipt so I know the second letter was received. It's over a month and I never get any reply. Anybody have a suggestion on what I can do from here, and who could possibly help me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Does the city own the land surrounding your property, or is it possible to pass through a neighbor's land to get to the main road? Was your property ever part of a larger piece of land that does adjoin a public road (whether a main road or a smaller one)?