How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16544
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Bought my house and I got bank loan too. I'm the only one

Customer Question

Hi, I Bought my house and I got bank loan for it too. I'm the only one working my husband hasn't been working for the pas 12 years, but his name is ***** ***** house papers too. how can I remove him from it?
and what if i want to get a divorce. and I have one kid under 18 years old.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, generally, the only way to remove joint owner's (husband's) name from the title of the home, is if the husband would consent and would sign proper documents transferring his interest to the other joint owner.

Generally, any real estate that is purchased during the marriage, would be considered marital property and would be divided upon divorce either equitably or equally, depending on the specific state law in which divorce takes place.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.