Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a question about the commercial lease I recently

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about the commercial lease I recently signed. We are suppose to get Tbar ceiling in the office area and exposed ceiling in rest of the area. Our real estate agent told us that expose ceiling comes with the Lighting, however it is not spell out in the lease under landlord work. So, if in lease says landlord is providing exposed ceiling what does it comes with? Does lighting included in the exposed ceiling?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The bot***** *****ne is that if the lease does not specifically outline that the exposed ceiling comes with lighting, you're not guaranteed it. You would need the landlord to specify that the lighting will be included in the lease (or in an addendum/amendment) to give you protection.....otherwise, you're at the mercy of the landlord.