How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6443
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother is 93 years old and I would like to add my name to

Customer Question

My mother is 93 years old and I would like to add my name to her house deed. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. In Ohio you can be added to title on real property held in your mother's name if she signs a quit claim deed. Once the deed is recorded you and your mom will show up as the owners.

Which county in Ohio is the property located in so i can provide information on the procedures, requirements and recording the deed?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.

This is a link for general information not county specific

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.

I can provide the specifics if you can provide the county. Otherwise I am attaching forms and information for you.

This is the Law in Ohio:

"5302.11 Quit-claim deed form.

A deed in substance following the form set forth in this section, when duly executed in accordance with Chapter 5301. of the Revised Code, has the force and effect of a deed in fee simple to the grantee, the grantee's heirs, assigns, and successors, and to the grantee's and the grantee's heirs', assigns', and successors' own use, but without covenants of any kind on the part of the grantor.


. . . . . . . (marital status), of . . . . . . County, . . . . . . for valuable consideration paid, grant(s) to . . . . ., whose tax-mailing address is . . . . ., the following real property:

(description of land or interest therein and encumbrances, reservations, and exceptions, if any)

Prior Instrument Reference: Volume . . . . . ., Page . . . .

. . . . . ., wife (husband) of the grantor, releases all rights of dower therein.

Executed this . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . ..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(Signature of Grantor)"

This is a link for a form with information

This is a link for additional information

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. Your is lucky to have someone on her side during this difficult time.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.

Please ignore additional/premium services request. there is no additional fee for this question.

Related Real Estate Law Questions