CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

Landlord stopped paying maintenance fees. Condo in

Customer Question

Landlord stopped paying maintenance fees. Condo in foreclosure. I have no lease. What rights do I have? How soon for eviction?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

As long as there is no foreclosure action pending, then eviction is not going to be any imminent eviction.

(Also, keep in mind, if there is any such eviction, it is non-punitive (you didn't do anything wrong, so make sure to note this reason in any future tenant applications)).

• Until the property is sold continue to pay your rent.
  • If the property is actually foreclosed on (sold to a new owner). Florida law gives you a minimum of 30 days. (The new owner must give you a 30 day notice).
  • If you fail to leave within the 30 days - the new owner can then begin an eviction proceeding (the court action to forcibly remove you). This takes about a month or so before there is a sheriff's eviction.