Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

About three years agony wife and I lived in an hoa. We had a

Customer Question

About three years agony wife and I lived in an hoa. We had a special assessment fee of $1800.00 for street paving which we paid in a lump sum.
About four months later we sold our home. To this date; 7/16/16 they have not paved the street and current residents there tell me that no plans for the paving are in the foreseeable future. Do you think we could have our money refunded?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, you cannot get this fee refunded. The HOA can still pave the street. The person who purchased your property would benefit when the street is finally paved.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.