RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

I am the seller of a house. I only signed the last page of a

Customer Question

I am the seller of a house. I only signed the last page of a four page contract. Does that leave me room to back out of the contract without any legal ramifications? Can I be released from the obligation on the other three pages that I did not sign? Also a clause stated that a wood infestation report would be provided within seven days and it's been eight days without a written report. Can this also release me from the contract? Thanks for your help. - Josh
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. The signature at the end of the contract and on the last page, would incorporate ALL the pages included in the contract. The fact that it was the only page signed would not allow you to back out or not have to comply with the other 3, unless you are going to make a claim you never received them and thought the contract was only one page long and what you signed. Moreover, if there was a condition that was required of you and you failed to perform, it would allow the other party to back out or demand performance but you could not cancel the contract for something that was required by you to do.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He agreed to provide the report but it is not provided yet. Also there is a clause in the contract that states all the buyer and seller will be bound by all attachments that are signed. Can that be loophole that I can get out on?

Is there a place to sign or initial on the other 3 pages?