Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I live in an HOA where there is zero tolerance of parking a

Customer Question

I live in an HOA where there is zero tolerance of parking a motor home in my driveway. I am handicapped and have plates and a tag. I told them that they are not being reasonable and I have a mobility issues. I am also 100% service connected disabled and need to load my motor home with supplies from my home. There deeds and covenants are a burden on my disability.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

ANSWER: I do not see a specific legal question in your inquiry; but you may have a claim for disability discrimination under the federal and Florida Fair Housing Acts. A "reasonable accommodation" is typically required by law to accommodate your disability.