Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation

My Great Grandmother owned florida property since 1924. When

Customer Question

My Great Grandmother owned florida property since 1924. When she passed I'm finding she didn't have a will and my Grandmother had the property transfered to her using a death certificate. I hired a lawyer in 2008 to put all the property in my Fathers name. He isn't able to sell because the title company is stating the property isn't titled to him however Florida court recognizes him as the owner. Not sure what to do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

You need to file a Petition To Clear Title with the court that has already issued an order showing your father as the rightful owner of the land. In a nutshell, in the petition, you tell the court the procedural history of the land, how it has been passed down, when the most recent court action took place and the issue you are currently facing. You ask the court to definitively clear the title and place it in your father's name.

The court can then issue an order which can then, in turn, be provided to the title company to force them to recognize the ownership as well as give them protection if give their seal of approval as to clean title.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end.

Thank you and Best Wishes!

Did you have any other questions? Thanks

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward here. Thanks!