WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Transfer of Co-op authorized capital stock shares between

Customer Question

Transfer of Co-op authorized capital stock shares between sisters? Already received approval from co-op board of directors.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 months ago.

If you have received the necessary co-op board approval, under New Jersey law, then what you need to do is prepare a purchase and sale agreement and assignment of the shares from one sister to the other. If there is to be a purchase price, the price should be paid, and you should sign an agreement saying the purchase price has been received and paid and the shares transferred. Then the co-op board should transfer the shares on the books of the co-op corporation and issue new share certificates in the name of the sister who is receiving the shares. That is how this is done properly under New Jersey law.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.