MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I signed a 2-year lease agreement in 2014. The Property

Customer Question

I signed a 2-year lease agreement in 2014. The Property Manager raised the rent after one year then tried to get me to sign an amended lease stating that the date on the special provision paragraph was wrong. However, on the original lease agreement I had there were no special provision clause. I was told not to worry about it and that everything was taken care of. Since then, I have received HOA violations for something very minor such as cleaning the mailbox. The property manager refuses to respond to emails or return calls. I need to know what my options are because I anticipate that they will attempt further unethical practices.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You need to immediately send a certified letter to the property manager documenting everything and making your demand. If the property manager does not respond to your demand, then you should consider finding an attorney to file suit against the property manager for taking the actions that they have taken.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.