P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Can an HOA force a household to paint their home when the

Customer Question

Can an HOA force a household to paint their home when the owners do not feel it is warrented?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

HOA's are, in many instances, much like small cities. They can make and enforce rules, levy taxes (fees), and generally regulate how the association is run.

What you are describing, IF the bylaws of this HOA allow the board of directors to force the members (homeowners) to paint? They can enforce the bylaws.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil