J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

Can you have poa over a child if you have an open case with

Customer Question

Can you have poa over a child if you have an open case with DFS
JA: Two lovely children, except they are grown up now.
Customer: no he is 5
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the girl who said that she has the poa is not his family at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Unfortunately yes it is possible even if it is not a family member. However, DFS has the authority to terminate the POA/guardianship and appoint a new guardian. If there are concerns with this person, DFS can be made aware of this and has the authority to investigate.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).