Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

IN MY MOTHER'S HOME. THE PROPERTY HAS A REVERSE MORTGAGE ON

Customer Question

i AM LIVING IN MY MOTHER'S HOME. THE PROPERTY HAS A REVERSE MORTGAGE ON IT.
MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY ON 4/5/16.
I HAVE CONTACTED NOVAD WHO IS HANDLING THE REVERSE MORTGAGE, TO ASK FOR AN EXTENSION ON THE SIX MONTHS I HAVE TO EITHER REFINANCE OR SELL THE PROPERTY.
I WAS TOLD TO SEND A COPY OF MY MOTHER'S WILL, DEATH CERTIFICATE AND A LETTER OF INTENT (TO EXPLAIN THE REQUEST FOR AN EXTENSION OF TIME).
i DID THAT OVER A MONTH AGO AND DID NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
THEN I BEGAN TO CALL NOVAD'S 800 NUMBER. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE NAMED TORI WILLIAMS. SO I BEGAN CALLING HER NUMBER, BUT SHE NEVER RETURNS MY CALLS.
YESTERDAY 7/13/16 A NOTICE WAS LEFT ON MY FRONT GATE STATING THAT IT WAS URGENT THAT I CONTACT NOVAD AT(###) ###-#### ***** I CALLED EARLY THIS MORNING AND WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO SPEAK TO TORI WILLIAMS. I WAS TRANSFERRED TO HER EXTENSION AND I LEFT BOTH MY NUMBERS, BUT SHE DID NOT RETURN MY CALL.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?