Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Our neighbor has a Bougainvillea, which is not allowed as it

Customer Question

Our neighbor has a Bougainvillea , which is not allowed as it blocks our view of the lake and mountains. Our HOA does nothing but send them letters to get rid of it. The leaves from the bush goes into our pool and spa. Our pool guy says that it came close to burning up our pool motor. My question is what happens if I supply said bush with a weed killer? (Hopefully killing it)
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Since the bush here is not allowed under HOA rules it might be hard for them to claim damages if the tree dies.It also would be very difficult to ascertain whether it died of natural causes or not.You also have the right to trim it here to the property line if it is encroaching.You would have these options here to be rid of the bush.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.