Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

Does the Mortgage Settlement Statement, HUD-1 need to be

Customer Question

Does the Mortgage Settlement Statement, HUD-1 need to be signed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, the HUD does need to be signed so there is substantiation that everyone has agreed upon all the numbers involved in the closing...the proceeds from buyer either from their own money or loan, the application of such proceeds, the allocation of closing costs and disbursements for expenses, and the net proceeds to the seller. The HUD is a critical document and is required to be signed by all parties before the title company or closing agent will disburse funds.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!