Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

I was given end of tenancy notice non-renewal of lease up in

Customer Question

I was given end of tenancy notice non-renewal of lease up in 90 days do I have to pay rent for those 90 dayx
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unless you have a written lease stating otherwise, you are responsible for paying rent for the entire time you live in the premises, even after notice is given of termination or non-renewal. If you have a lease obligation or live there you must pay the rent.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.