Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My son is doing an internship in Seattle this summer. We

Customer Question

Hi, my son is doing an internship in Seattle this summer. We have leased a room from one of my old colleges from May 15th through August 15th for $500.00 a month. She has just told him yesterday that her mom is sick and need to move in with her and he needs to go as of the end of this week. My son is only 21 and doesn't know anyone is Seattle to be able to find an affordable space. I have read the City of Seattle lanlord-tenant law and realized that she needs to atleast give him a 90 days notice and can't just ask him to leave. That said, during this time, she has been out of the country for 20 days, and we agreed that my son would walk the dog in the morning and night for the 20 days. SHe also asked him to take care of her jacuzzi for her. She also offered to take her to and back from the airport. He has told her that he needs to think about this for a couple of days but I would like him to know his rights before talking to her. Thanks, Maggie
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did your son sign a lease agreement with her?