Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Due to the death of my Mother, I wanted to keep the property

Customer Question

Due to the death of my Mother, I wanted to keep the property and rent it out. I upgraded and chose a Professional Real Estate Realtor to take care of the property. The contract states that they would check the property and make sure it was not torn up and kept and stayed as it was in The signed the contract.
They stayed in their 9 months. The paid up front for two months. They were from VA. According to the Realtor they got behind and never notified them. They left or could not be found for the payments. They finally say them and got the Police and did the law thats available for such a scandal. They took all the they could & stayed their until their time was over and left. They used the 10 days and left the property. They left furniture, fleas, and house that was a scandal. They owe rent money, damage in the house that it can't use for the damage. They are given 10 days after court to get away. I can't get my payments, I have to pay the realtor for the mess they let happen to my mother house. That law is not for the owner, its for the renter to leave and can't be found. That law is not justified to in a court. People don't take of your property and the realtor does not go to the property to inspect. They should be required to have person to responsible to go and check the property.
Please help the owners and the not the people who do not take care of the property and leave without taking care of their responsibily.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What is your question?