Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Money is due to me on Thursday. When and how do i file a

Customer Question

hi. money is due to me on Thursday. When and how do i file a judgment lien?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There is paid off real estate. i know the business bank account that probably has the amount owed. There is other real property.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: I want to move fast. Person does not want to pay, but can. Think they need full extent of law to pony up. They also would be worried about business creditors seeing a judgment. that would motivate payment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

In order to obtain a judgment lien you must first obtain a judgment. That is done by filing a law suit that alleges an unpaid debt. Once the court enters judgment,it automatically becomes a lien on all of the debtor's real estate in that county. For more precise details on this subject, see: http://www.swlaw.com/blog/real-estate-litigation/2014/12/16/it-just-got-a-little-bit-harder-to-enforce-judgment-liens/

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for this Answer. If you have any follow up questions, please send me a Reply. I will be on the road traveling most of today, but I will get back to you by this evening. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.