legalgems, Arbitrator
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I would like to know if there is any story maps. Here is my

Customer Question

I would like to know if there is any history for google maps. Here is my problem. I have a farm on the Ohio River in Pope and Massac counties in southern Illinois. I used to have a lease with a barge company to lease off of my property. They decided to quit that lease about two years ago. But a few weeks ago I was speaking with Acrevalue that uses you site. They told me that the pictures were real time and i notice a couple of barges connected to our pilons. This bought a lot of attention to my former lessee. It indicated that it was his barges and I would like to know how long they have using my property without paying. Is there anyway that I could get 6 months, one year and 18 months shot of my land. If so I can get you where it is located.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

A few more minutes please as I'm looking into this.

Thank you for your patience; so they will generally not release that information without a court order. One can track their own usage and see their prior history so if one had viewed the pages on the dates at issue, then that would be recoverable; absent that, one would require a court order.

Of most importance is that in order for evidence to be introduced into court, it needs to be authenticated. This means being able to prove that the evidence is depicting the facts for which it is being introduced, and that it is reliable. Here are examples on how to authenticate.

The 2 most common ways to obtain information that is in the possession of 3rd parties is either a subpoena or a Request for Production/ Request for Admission. So the plaintiff in a civil suit can subpoena any third party and request the desired information; they can also be called to testify to help authenticate the information so obtained.

Without a court proceeding, there is no way to obtain the information absent the willful production of such information upon request. There is no legal obligation to provide it, however. That is why one will typically use the discovery process, because that is enforceable via the court process, so long as the requested information is relevant and not privileged.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Street view does have a history on some of the pictures- explanation here:

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just wanted to know if you had photos from previous years. I didn'twant any legal service or anything else. You could have just said it can't be done without a court order. I just wanted to see if they are there because he was the only one who ever used it. A lawyer is not necessary. I am not suing the guy in the first place. I just wanted to know if you had previous photos.

This site does not personally have them as there is no affiliation; the link I provided above explains how certain photos will have a history- but not all;

since this was posted in the legal category I thought you wanted to know the legal manner in which to get this type of information should it not be accessible for that particular property.

Checking in on the above;

thank you for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am going to tell you one more time. I only wanted to know if you had maps from previous times of the years like 6 months ago, 12 months and 18 months ago from a particular county in Illinois. That was it! I didn't need any legal service or anything like that at all. I certainly don't want to pay for it either! I a very disappointed in google for not getting a correct answer without you trying to move me into buying your legal fees. Ridiculous!Robert H. Fritts ll
Customer: replied 2 months ago.