Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I live in Pima county and am new to Arizona. I just received

Customer Question

I live in Pima county and am new to Arizona. I just received a five day notice for non payment of rent. I can't pay the rent until later in the month which I have already told them.(the management company) What do I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry to hear that you are running into this problem..

.

What is the landlord's response to you telling them that you can't pay until later on? (other than the 5 day)

.

Will they hold off on any eviction action and give you a chance to get caught up with any rent and late fee?

.

What is your legal question I can help with this evening?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am in social work and have had two jobs dissolve in less than a year. The last two months I have been late but paid all the late fees. I have never been 30 days late.

Ok, that pretty much stinks.. But basically if the landlord won't work with you, then he can pursue a formal eviction through the courts once the 5 day notice expires. He doesn't have to, but he can.

.

You would be looking at about another 3 weeks or so before he could legally have the sheriff force you to leave if the landlord wanted to aggressively pursue this.

.

With that said, your best recourse here is to be completely honest with them and explain the situation and how you will be able to pay the rent on XX Day. Then it is up to the landlord about whether to give you a break or not.

.

.

thanks