Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Lawn maintenance is included in my monthly rent, however,

Customer Question

Lawn maintenance is included in my monthly rent, however, the yard guy does not keep up with it. It has been over 3 weeks since the yard was mowed. I have complained to the property manager many, many times, including sending photos. I have even requested a new lawn service. (p.s. .........the landlord's son is the yard maintenace guy. I guess he thinks he can neglect my yard knowing he will get paid anyway. The landlord lives out of state. Each time, right before his mother visits, he will clean up the yard.) It is very frustrating.......what can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have leased this house for 7 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

If the landlord has agreed to provide lawn maintenance in the lease and they are not meeting that obligation then you can sue in small claims court for breach of the lease.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Are you online with me?