Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law

Owners association is attempting to restrict rentals,

Customer Question

Owners association is attempting to restrict rentals, including existing owners renting units.
Are there any limits to restrictions they can implement?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 3 months ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

As long as they abide the bylaws and hold the meetings to discuss any changes to the restrictions and covenants and that the proper notice of the meetings and the agenda for the meetings is sent out to all property owners, if they hear the property owners on the matter and then take a vote on the issues, unfortunately, there are no restrictions that are limited.

The key is making sure they follow the covenants as to providing the proper Notice to all property owners so those who want to attend can and voice their opinions before the vote is taken.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. If not, a positive rating will ensure I get credit for assisting you and providing you the information for your issue. Thank you.