Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need a lawyer who can help me I am tenant/renter of an

Customer Question

I need a lawyer who can help me I am tenant/renter of an apartment in Sacramento, CA. My landlord did a remodel of my bathroom that was to start on June 20,2016. The landlord did not tell residents what days and times the water was going to be off and some days it was over six hours with no bathroom or water.
I had to pay out of pocket to be a customer in order to use the bathroom a few hundred dollars I had to pay out of pocket! The bathroom was to be finished on June 25,2016 and it was just being started to being torn out Inorder to repair. I got back to my apartment on June 28 2016 the new tolite was not working correctly and they did not place the shower grab bars in the shower. On July 1,2016 I asked to be put up in a hotel for the long holiday weekend and I was told no they where not going to do this after I paid my rent first and had no cash for a hotel room. On July 6,2016 they did some work on the tolite. I was so sick on July 3,2016 I had to travel on the media bus to the San Francisco Bay area to go to my cousin in order to my cousins shower that had shower grab bars and a tolite that worked.I was at my cousins for three days from July 3 to July 6,2016. On the 8th of July 8,2016 the put in the permanent shower bars. On July 6,2016 they installed the section shower grab bars that are not safe. (My UC Davis doctors told not use Before the bathroom remodel from HELL I was receiving eight weeks of iron infusions at the UC Davis Regional Cancer Center my last infusion was on June 17,2016. The iron makes me very sick and in need of a working bathroom. My doctors told me to get bed rest but I had to travel on foot to the nearest business to use there restroom!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you have questions we can answer for you we are glad to do so, but if you are looking for representation, you need to go to the local senior center or legal aid office.