socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a Timeshare (deeded). Can I add words in the Legal

Customer Question

I have a Timeshare (deeded). Can I add words in the Legal Description that are going to protect the new owner, when they decide they want to get rid of the timeshare.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.

A person can only transfer the right, title and interest that the person holds. Consequently, if you are subject to certain restrictions or obligations under the deed, then you cannot defeat those restrictions/obligations with any language added to the deed, because you do not hold that right. You would need the person who originally created the restrictions/obligations to provide a deed that protects the new purchaser.

I realize that my answer may not be exactly what you were hoping to read. However, under the circumstances, the best that I can do is to explain what the law is and is not, so that you can avoid expending valuable resources looking for answers that do not exist, and concentrate on the options that are actually available.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!